Sunday, November 22, 2009

Cranberry White Chocolate Bars


Several years ago in another parish I used to host an open house between Christmas and Epiphany.

Tried it a couple of times in this parish and hardly anyone came and it really wasn't worth making all that food so I quit. But I have a lot of recipes from all the goodies I made. 

 This one I make whether I have a party or not.

Notice that I used half butter and half butter flavored Crisco. I have found this works perfect in cookie and bar recipes. All butter just doesn't bake as nice. That's butter flavored Crisco.


 DO NOT TRY TO BAKE WITH MARGARINE! 


 Margarine should not even exist as far as I'm concerned.


  • 2 1/4 C All purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 Cup butter (1 stick)
  • 1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla (do yourself a favor and buy REAL vanilla)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 12 oz package white chocolate chips
  • 1 C dried cranberries


Preheat oven 350

Cream the butter, Crisco and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well mixed. Mix in flour, salt and soda a little at a time. Add chips and cranberries and mix.

Spray a 10 x 8 baking ban. Spread dough in pan and flatten. Bake about 25 minutes - I like it when it's still a little soft and chewy.

This is my basic chocolate chip cookie recipe as well. Like the one on the chips package only more sugar (because I like my sweets, well - sweet) and the half butter, half Crisco.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I lived close enough to pop over for coffee an's. And this bar, that is.

    ReplyDelete