This may seem like a strange combination of ingredients but it is delicious.
- 2 Chicken thighs, cooked, shredded off the bone
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 Sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chili
- 1 TBL tomato paste
- 2 TBL peanut butter
- 1 Cup red wine
- 2 Cups Chicken stock
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Hungarian paprika
- 1 TBL brown sugar
Sauté onions and peppers and garlic in olive oil until transparent and caramelized about 10 minutes. Add tomato paste and stir. Add peanut butter and stir. Add wine, diced tomatoes, sweet potato and carrots, spices and sugar. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Add to crockpot with chicken and chicken stock. After an hour add about a TBL of flour to thicken it up. Cook for about 3 hours.
Serve with yogurt and lime juice.