Saturday, January 16, 2010

Don't Listen to me I'm always wrong when it comes to skating


Back in the 90s I thought Synde Vogel was going to do better than Tara Lipinski. What do I know?

Caydee Denney and Jeremy Barrett are the new Pairs Champions.  Poor  Keauna McLaughlin,  and Rockne Brubaker were just not able to pull up enough to assure themselves of one of two spots on the Olympic team.  Amanda Evora & Mark Ladwig came in second but they are not assured a spot on the team.  A USFS committee will take other events into account and it's possible third place Rene Inoue & old fart John Baldwin (who some believe were undermarked and deserved second place) may be named to the team.

Of course all the sponsors who made deals with McLaughlin and Brubaker and plastered their picture everywhere are not happy with the results.

Reminds me of 1994 when Campbell s made a deal with Michelle Kwan, Tara Lipinski and Nicole Bobeck and there was some question as to whether or not Bobeck would make the team but she managed to pull it off at Nationals, although she fell apart at the Olympics.

Tomorrow night it's the men and I made it out like this was all between Johnny and Evan but did not take into account last year's champion and current leader after the short  program, Jeremy Abbott.  I will not make any predictions.  Don't want to jinx it.

No comments:

Post a Comment