Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Meat Loaf!


I remember the first time I went grocery shopping after both of my kids were away at school.  I wandered aimlessly down the aisles thinking "That's what Isaac likes, I don't want that.  What DO I like?"  It was so odd to shop only for myself.  And then I saw the ground pork.  MEATLOAF.  I hadn't made it since my husband died because my kids won't eat it. 

I love my meatloaf.  And it doesn't go bad because I have it cold for sandwiches the next few days.  I once had a roommate who claimed she couldn't stand meatloaf until she tried mine and then she ate practically the whole thing.

I can get my daughter to eat my meatballs, which don't tell anyone...are the same thing only in balls rather than a loaf.


  • I lb. ground beef
  • 1 lb. ground pork
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • ¼ cup grated onion
  • 1 cup tomato sauce
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp Penzeys Barbeque of the Americas
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 1 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 tbs sugar
  • 1 tbs honey
  • ¼ cup ketchup
  • ¼ cup Buffalo wing sauce



Mix ground beef and pork, onion, spices, sugar, salt & Pepper, egg, bread crumbs and ½ cup tomato sauce together in a large bowl. Yes, with your hands.  Form it into a loaf and put in a pan.

Mix tomato sauce, ketchup, honey and wing sauce.  Pour over loaf. 

Bake it for an hour or a little more at 375.

That's all there is to it.  This is comfort food, Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment