Monday, March 21, 2016

Pasta Primavera




I brag on my food a lot and I like what I cook.  



But THIS was REALLY good.
Pasta Primavera is about spring vegetables.   Asparagus is usually an ingredient but I don’t particularly care for asparagus.  So I used green beans. 

2 or 3 Tbl butter
3 carrots, sliced
Handful of green beans
4 small sweet peppers, red, orange and yellow
1 red onion
Zest of one lemon
Juice of ½ lemon
Tbl flour
2 cloves garlic
Half and half
White wine
2 Tbl grated fresh parmesan cheese
Salt
Pepper 
Tsp Basil 

Bring a saucepan of water to boil and throw in the carrots and green beans for 3 minutes. 

Melt butter in skillet.  Add onions and peppers and sauté until onions are translucent.  Add carrots, onions, garlic and stir so all are coated in butter. Add salt, pepper and basil.  Fresh basil would be best but all I had was stuff in the tube which is better than dried. 




Add zest and juice of a lemon.   Now if you want a light version you can just spoon this on pasta, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and it would be fine.

But if you are feeling a little more decadent, add the flour to this and mix so that it gets kind of gloopy.


Now about measurements. 


 When I make a sauce, I just pour in liquid until it is the consistency is what I want.  I like a thicker, pasty consistency.  You may like it a little thinner.  So pour in the half and half a little at a time and stir until it is how you like it.  Do the same with white wine.  I used barely a quarter cup, just enough to provide a little counter to the sourness of wine.
Add the cheese.  For me, a little parmesan goes a long way but make it the way you like it.   Serve it over any pasta you like.  It is delicious. 




No comments:

Post a Comment