Saturday, March 19, 2016

Rice Pilaf



I never really knew what Rice Pilaf was exactly until a cooking show this morning when I discovered rice pilaf is pretty much the way I make rice.  

It's basically rice cooked with onions and chicken stock instead of water.   


I eat a lot of rice.  Sometimes I cook plain rice.  Most of the time I make rice pilaf which I just called doctored up rice. 


Here's tonight's Rice Pilaf



  • 2 Tb butter
  • 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
  • 1 Red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 cup golden raisins
  • 2 cups long grain rice
  • 2 cups chicken stock
  • 1/4 cup white wine
  • 1 TBL orange zest
  • cayenne pepper
  • salt 
  • pepper


Melt the butter in a saucepan.  Add the onions, stir and cook on medium until translucent.  Add the pepper, cook another couple of minutes.   Add the orange zest and raisins and wine and cook that down.  Add the rice.  Stir and cook the rice with vegetables for about 10 minutes.  Add salt pepper, cayenne pepper.  

Add two cups chicken stock.  Turn heat high until it boils, then turn down, cover and cook 20 minutes until liquid is absorbed.  


That's all!

No comments:

Post a Comment