Saturday, October 23, 2010

Carribean Black Bean and Pumpkin Soup

I found this recipe on the internet and made it tonight.  At first, I thought it tasted strange but the more I ate it, the more I liked it.  There are a lot of versions of this....

Here's the way I made it. 


1 onion, chopped coarsely
1 acorn squash peeled and chopped
1 Buttercup squash, peeled and chopped
1 granny smith apple, peeled and sliced
2 cloves garlic
1/2 jalapeno, sliced 

toss all the above ingredients with salt, pepper and a little butter and olive oil in a pan.  Roast at 375 for about an hour.   Puree the entire mixture together.  Put the puree in a pan and add the following ingredients

1 can coconut milk
2 Tb brown sugar
1 cup cooked black beans

Bring soup to boil, stirring and then reduce heat and cook about 3 minutes--then add

juice of 1/2  lime
chopped cilantro

Serve with a little cream drizzled on it.  I think I will make this again

No comments:

Post a Comment