Tuesday, November 2, 2010

If you are in the US VOTE


I know there is good reason for cynicism.   I know there is a lot of corruption.  I know we little folk don't have a whole lot of power.  But I still believe my vote counts.  Call me naive.  Call me idealistic.
Women in this country were arrested, locked up in insane asylums, beat up, force fed and lost their children so that I can vote.  People of color in this country were terrorized, tortured and killed so that all people could vote.
 Women in other countries risk acid thrown into their faces in order to vote. When Blacks obtained the right to vote in South Africa they would walk miles to polling places and wait hours in order to vote.
Vote, if for no other reason than to honor the people who sacrificed so much for this precious right.

3 comments:

  1. Sadly, I won't be voting today. Didn't send off for the absentee ballot.

    The good news is that, because I am registered in New York City, most of the people I would have voted for will win anyway. It's a one-party town.

    But I still feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete