Friday, July 10, 2009
Friday Five - Exercise
So the RevGalBlogPals are talking about taking care of our bodies.
1. What was your favorite sport or outdoor activity as a child?
I don't know why, but until I read Eternal Echoes Friday Five, I forgot all about how much I loved to swim. We lived in an apartment with a pool and I would go down to swim at 10 am, come up for a sandwhich at noon and my mother would have to yell and threaten and bluster to get me out of the pool at night. And the beach. I grew up in Southern California, and I would spend the entire day in the ocean. Until I learned to figure skating, swimming was the one athletic thing I could do fairly well. When I lived in San Francisco and was going to Seminary I used to swim laps in the morning. I probably forgot because I just don't do it much anymore.
2. P.E. class--heaven or the other place? HORRIBLE! I was clumsy, overweight in junior high, was always the last one to be picked. HATED HATED HATED PE. I lost weight in high school and my senior year they had a biking class for PE which was early in the morning and that I liked. I also liked folk dance and I took a life time sports class in the summer for PE credit and it was tennis, golf, bowling...all sports I enjoyed.
3. What is your favorite form of exercise now? Figure Skating. I talk about that on my very first blog called Skating It's very good excercise as long as you don't do it the way a lot of adults I see do it, skate around leisurely talking to your friends.
4. Do you like to work out solo or with a partner? I skate better when there are other people on the ice, especially the kids - they motivate me. Frankly it is some adult skaters who annoy me because they want to talk. Um, I'm not paying nearly $20 an hour of ice to talk.
5. Inside or outside? Inside. Outdoor ice is horrible! I want a nice smooth zambonied rink, thank you.
Bonus: Post a poem, scripture passage, quotation, song, etc. regarding the body or exercise.
Lament of an Adult Skater
Posted by Pastor Joelle at 7:10 AM