Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday Afternoon Skating Video - a little early

Michelle Kwan announced Friday that she would not return to skating, putting an end to hopes and speculation that she might come back and try again for that elusive Olympic Gold Medal. She has another life now. Skating will always be a part of me,” Kwan said.

“But, in the bigger picture of my life, I have always wanted to find a career that will allow me to make a positive contribution and difference in the world. Representing the United States as an American Public Diplomacy Envoy the past three years has been very rewarding, and I want to do more. Furthering my education will bring me closer to that goal, and I don't want to wait any longer to continue the journey.”
This is a young woman with a good head on her shoulder and she's not living in the past and wasting her life chasing some elusive dream which just isn't that meaningful in the long run.

This is a very poignant number skated to Eva Cassidy's version of "Fields of Gold" My daughter skated to this for her Senior Solo at our Ice show in 2008. It still makes me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment