Monday, May 18, 2009

An Interview with Mom Priest

MomPriest over at RevGalBlog Pals is interviewing us....


1. Where do you blog?
Mostly in my office in my house. Occasionally at church. I just read someone else's interview - maybe Iowa would be a better answer.

2. What are your favorite non-revgal blog pal blogs?
Madeline's Egg
Liturgy
Theolog

3. What gives you joy?

What do you mean by joy? To me, joy is not an emotion that is affected by outside things. Joy is the peace of mind and confidence that in the words of Julian of Norwich "All will be well" despite what is going on around me. Hate to sound corny, but God gives me that joy. Now things that make me happy - when my kids are happy, when the crocus finally bloom in the spring, when it's warm outside and I can go out and garden, when a feral cat finally warms up to me and lets me pet her, when the congregation sings acapella as the organist comes up to commune, when I finally "get" a move in figure skating....


4. What is your favorite sound? The human voice singing a simple folk song or gospel hymn.

5. What do you hope to hear once you enter the pearly gates?
"
Well done good and faithful servant"


6. You have up to 15 words, what would you put on your tombstone?
Loving wife and mother. Faithful pastor

7. Write the first sentence of your own great American novel.
"She heard the door slam behind her" I fantasize about writing an historical novel about Mary of Egypt. Her story begins as a runaway teenager. I guess that's not really an American novel. But in my fantasies it is great!

8. What color do you prefer your pen? Bright blue

9. What magazines do you subscribe too? Christian Century, Time Magazine, Chili Peppers Magazine, The Lutheran, Skating Magazine, International Skating

10. What is something you want to achieve in this decade?

My life is not about achievements. I want to live to see my children achieve their goals and dreams. I hope to travel some more. I hope to see the church become less divided.


11. Why are you cool?
My daughter's friends say I am.


12. What is one of your favorite memories? The day my husband and I got married.

3 comments:

  1. I love that your daughter's friends say you're cool! That's a high accolade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joelle, It's been a pleasure to interview you, thank you for sharing and for letting us get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I treasure that compliment from her friends.

    ReplyDelete