Thursday, June 11, 2009

Skating

This week I've been at our club's "Skate Camp" - 3:20-6:00 pm every afternoon. Twenty minute off ice warm up class, 20 minute off ice jumps class, 1/2 hour power skating class (which is basically kill yourself on ice) and an hour and a half of freestyle practice.

I'm not ashamed to tell you that I am almost 52 years old. Trying to keep up with little girls and teenagers. There is one lady older than me. But she whines a lot. I do not believe in whining. Although I kind of am now. We have five of these weeks over the summer. The first week is the worst. I haven't been able to skate the last half hour this week.

Yesterday I had enough stamina but my feet just hurt too much from being in skates that long. Last year when I did this by the end of the summer I was in very good shape. I had passed my Adult Bronze Moves and had improved my skating.


This weekend I am competing in Davenport Iowa. Three dances and my freestyle. I will probably come in last (I can say that because it's a small competition and I know who is in my group) but I'll have fun. Adult figure skating competitions are a whole different animal. We put each other on the ice and cheer our competition and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment