Wednesday, December 2, 2015

#AdventUs~ Widow




After my husband died I found the word widow to be a harsh and cruel word.  

Widowhood is a harsh and cruel experience. 


It was easier for me than many.  I had a job.  I knew how to take care of myself and my children.

The biblical mandate to take care of widows comes from a worldview where women need men to take care of them.  It’s like saying “Ok guys, you want to take care of everything, then TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING.  Including the women and orphans.“

The biblical mandate to take care of widows and orphans is a mandate to take care of those who have no voice.  


I think today it means more than taking care of them and being their voice.  It means giving them voice, hearing their voice and empowering them to take care of themselves.  


No comments:

Post a Comment