Monday, April 19, 2010

Candied Bacon



Yes, the irony of this post right after the one before is not lost on me.  But I  only had a couple of pieces!  What I wanted while driving home from my early morning power skating class was to stop at Mac Donalds and get one of those McGriddles.  Instead, I came home and made these with French Toast.  

Preheat oven to 400

8 pieces of thick bacon - lay on grill over a foil lined baking sheet.

1 cup brown sugar
1 Tbl Maple Syrup
1 Tbl bourbon
1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tsp ginger

Mix that all up - brush it on one side of the bacon - bake 10 minutes, turn bacon over and brush the other side. - Bake another ten minutes.  Longer if you like it crispier.  It's a very delicate flavor.  Very good.

4 comments:

  1. Irony hasn't escaped me either but given your skating regimen and having to pastor a flock, I think you're more than entitled to these treats. In fact, if I lived nearby I'd invite myself over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds worth breaking a diet for. Yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little goes a long way. I actually think bacon is a good thing to eat on a diet. For me anyway ---just a little bit - even one piece really satisfies that craving I get sometimes for fat.

    ReplyDelete