Tuesday, April 20, 2010

RIP Dorothy Height - Godmother of the Civil Rights Movement

"I learned that there is no advantage in bitterness, that I needed to go into action, which is something I have tried to follow since," 

"Greatness is not measured by what a man or woman accomplishes, but by the opposition he or she has overcome to reach his goals.”

"If the time is not ripe, we have to ripen the time."

"We have to improve life, not just for those who have the most skills and those who know how to manipulate the system. But also for and with those who often have so much to give but never get the opportunity.”

"If you worry about who is going to get credit, you don't get much work done. "


"I want to be remembered as someone who used herself and anything she could touch to work for justice and freedom.... I want to be remembered as one who tried."


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful quotes. I've never heard of her. Sounds like I missed a lot.

    ReplyDelete