Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Nobody Knows the Whole Story and THAT's the problem!

Erik over Koinonia points out rightly, that everybody has an opinion and a judgment about the recent Augsborg-Fortress Pension mess., but nobody knows the whole story.   That is the problem.   We don't know the whole story.  There's a lot of unanswered questions.  And it seems to me, some people would like to keep it that way.   The lawyers are in charge.  I got nothing against lawyers.  But the church never looks good when lawyers speak for the church.

I don't doubt that the people who tried to clean up this mess of a disaster tried to do the best they could with what they had.   I would like to believe the mess wasn't caused by maleficence - but I don't know.  That's the problem.  Maybe the "perfect storm" explanation is true.  I don't know.  I don't have enough information.  Maybe this would have happened even if they had followed the federal laws that other non-church companies have to follow.  I don't know. That's the problem.

This I know.  The church should follow the same laws that protect its employees that other corporations must follow.  The church should not use being a church as an excuse to screw it's employees.  That is just wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment